Register above or click here to register now!
Join us for two days of South Carolina beach advocacy as we share lessons on how we've been learning to reason with hurricane season. We will learn about important happenings in state beach preservation efforts in 2018-19. Don't miss this opportunity to network with the top coastal decision makers in South Carolina beach preservation!
Some agenda highlights:
* Lessons that our friends in North Carolina learned during Florence
* 2018-19 Beach Preservation Updates – hear how other beach communities have restored their beaches and dunes lately
* Updates from the Army Corps and State of S.C. coastal programs
* South Carolina sand dunes, and how sand dunes along the coast are used to set the baseline and setback line
* Wastewater Management Adaptation – economic implications and how Isle of Palms is transitioning to 100% sewered
* Ocean plastics, a state beach preservation funding update, communities’ resilience strategies, and more!
Deadline: January 11, 2019
Wild Dunes Resort
1 Sundial Circle
Isle of Palms, SC 29451
Please email email@example.com if you need a hotel room after the deadline.
General Agenda (Download the full draft agenda below)
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Palmetto Hall, Wild Dunes Resort
9:00 am Board of Directors Meeting
10:00 am Registration opens
1:00 pm Annual Meeting begins
5:30 pm Welcome Reception
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
8:00 am Annual Meeting resumes
3:00 pm Annual Meeting adjourns
Planning professionals can now obtain their continuing education credits by attending our Annual Meeting! The South Carolina Beach Advocates were accredited as approved sponsor of continuing education programs by the SC Planning and Education Advisory Committee (SCPEAC). A certificate for 10 hours of CE credit will be provided at no additional cost to full meeting attendees.
1 Sundial Circle, Isle Of Palms, South Carolina 29451, United States